Friday, September 17, 2010

Life Is a Cabernet

Coming into the Napa Valley, the scenery changes dramatically.


Every square inch of unoccupied land is covered with grape vines.


I'm not a wine connoisseur at all, but my son Mark is. He was here for a few days, so we got to see each other.


We met up at Mumm Winery for a tasting of their sparkling wines. I liked the Demi-Sec the best.


The next day he got us invited to a private tour and tasting at the Ovid winery. Their managing partner spent well over an hour with us.


Their winery is located high on a hill above the Napa Valley, and the tasting room offered a gorgeous view.


Wow!


Do I look like I know what I am doing? Believe me, I don't!


This is their pride and joy, and the best wine I've ever had. At $300 a bottle, it's also the most expensive wine I've ever had. Of course, I couldn't help but wonder what they were going to do with the rest of the bottle...

11 comments:

  1. It was only 175 a bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful life you have; I am sure it was great spending time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wineries! I hereby declare Napa Valley a "must" on my list of places to visit.

    The grape photo has lovely ambiance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the view from the tasting room! At $300 a bottle, did you have to pay $10 for a sip?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son Mark is darling! :) Nice you were able to spend some time together.
    I'll bet the owners had the rest of the bottle with their dinner. I'm surprised they opened it for a tasting. Lucky you!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good thing about wine is that you do not have to know what you are doing-just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've always wondered what an expensive wine tastes like. Maybe one day we will actually find out.

    Glad you got to spend some time with your son.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and Im glad you got to spend time with your son. Im not crazy about wine but it would be fun to sample some :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son has your features!! You guys look great together!! My son will be 30 in Feb. OMG
    NAPA looks great I bet that wine was excellent---too bad they didnt give you the rest! You got some super photos of your visit and the wine!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're title made me LOL!

    Hi, Mark, looking good! That's some camera he's toting around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice you had a visit on the road from your son. Even better he helped you get through that terrible wine tasting episode. ;c)

    Now that you found you like that $300 bottle, did you buy a case or two to keep you supplied on the road?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!