Friday, August 9, 2013

Back with the WINs in Kalispell


After 6 wonderful days on the east side of Glacier NP, I moved over to Kalispell, near the west side of the park. The WINs did a couple kayak trips, and even though I don't kayak with them, it's fun to go see them off.


I guess I'm more interested in taking pictures of bugs...


Even though Kalispell is a fair distance from Glacier, we went to the park a couple of times. We saw more goats along the road.


At the Visitors Center they had photos of how difficult it is to clear the Going to the Sun Road in the spring. Wow! That's a lot of snow!


We hiked to Avalanche Lake, a through-the-woods uphill hike along Avalanche Creek, with its many waterfalls.


It's 2 miles to your first view of the lake.


We then walked all the way to the other end of the lake. You can barely see the waterfalls on the side of the mountain that flow into the lake.


This is the view looking back from the far end of the lake.


Ah, finally - some wildlife!


HEY - Why are you back there trying to take a picture of my butt? Oh, let me guess --- you must be another friend of Judy's.


Oh all right... grumble, grumble... Anything for the blog...

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't tell exactly who was the wildlife in that picture of you and the deer...

    I bet you like watching the WINS kayakers getting into their boats so gracefully. :cD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to kayak its fun! WOW, these shots are awesome...that view with the waterfalls is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That IS alot of snow!! Watching the WINS kataking would be so interesting and fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THERE's that Avalanche Gorge I was wondering about.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!