Monday, July 13, 2015

It's All About FORD, Baby!


The WINs moved next to Belleville, MI, where we spent several days visiting all the Ford tourist attractions in Dearborn. Our first stop was the Henry Ford Museum. There were lots of trains, planes, automobiles and RVs here.


I guess I'm showing my age if I say I remember McDonald's back then.


This is the actual car that Pres. Kennedy was in when he was shot and killed.


There are lots of unique vehicles here.


I loved this snowplow that goes in front of a train.


We were here for a long time and I started to get a little hungry...


On another day, we went to the Ford Rouge Factory, where they make Ford F-150s.


Taking pictures is prohibited, but you can always find pictures on the internet. It was fascinating to see how the bodies are put together. We didn't see the chassis and engine production - that is done in another area and then the bodies are plopped on top of the chassis.


After the tour, we went up onto the roof, where we saw the unique roof on the factory. It's covered with plants which help keep the building cool.


On yet another day, we visited Greenfield Village. It's a huge exhibit of various old-time businesses, homes, farms, rides - you name it!


We were serenaded by some singers from the 20s.


And this guy - clearly from the present.


We saw the roundhouse -


And later rode on the train. Greenfield Village is an all-day adventure, and I haven't even attempted to cover it all. It was a great time!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, that Henry Ford museum looks great! Thanks for posting about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim would enjoy that museum even if it is FORDs. I would like the train ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both places are so awesome and so much to see. A great history lesson too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to grab one of those trucks fresh off the line!! Great shot of the night heron!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!