Monday, July 4, 2016

Bend, OR - One of My Favorite Places


We moved on to Bend, OR, one of my very favorite places, and stayed at a Snow Park west of town. We had a beautiful view of Mt. Bachelor.


There's lots to see and do here, and we started out going to the "waterfalls" on the Deschutes River. They're really more like rapids.


Near one of the falls is an early cave/hunting camp used as much as 7,000 years ago.


Time for a photo opp!


Oh, I'm sorry little ground squirrel, I should have gotten you in the picture too.


On another day, we went to see a real waterfall - Tumalo Falls.


It's almost 100 feet high, and you can walk up to the base of it -


And even underneath!


We also walked up to Double Falls.


Afterwards we were hungry, so we stopped off at Goody's Chocolate and Ice Cream for their free tour, and of course, some ice cream.


There are lots of lakes on the Cascade Scenic Highway near where we are parked. This is Hosmer Lake.


And I think this is Elk Lake.


My favorite, Sparks Lake, was closed for road construction, but this is a photo from when I was there 2 years ago.


We were treated to many beautiful sunsets at our parking spot!

5 comments:

  1. I love Bend too. you make me want to go back with all your lovely pictures. How fun to travel all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the Skeeters moved on..or died yet??
    Upriverdavid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, I'm with you on Oregon's waterfalls and Rivers..awesome. I didn't know you could camp in the snow parks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!