Sunday, January 15, 2017

Christmas in the Desert


When the WIN annual Christmas gathering began, I moved over to the BLM land behind the VFW north of Yuma. The WINs have celebrated Christmas here for 20 years! I was welcomed by this little guy.


We certainly did not lack activities!


On Christmas there was a Chinese gift exchange. Each gift can be stolen twice. The tall skinny ones were the most popular. (I ended up with one!)


We were invited over to the VFW for Christmas dinner. They provided the ham, and we brought side dishes.


We come here quite often. They have a live band and dancing 6 afternoons a week!


On the day after Christmas, we went out to see the light display on 55th St. in the Foothills.


The theme is "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and many of the residents have placards of part of the poem.


This snowman has been here for many years, and is my favorite.


But everyone goes hog-wild with the decorations!


Just amazing!


And we had even more beautiful sunsets!

3 comments:

  1. I love the lights and colors of Christmas!! The snowman is adorable. Looks like your Christmas in the desert was full of activity and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful way to enjoy the holiday season, Awesome shot of what I think is a dusky Flycatcher? Really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sondra. I knew you would know what it was!

      Delete

I love comments!