Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How Does a Fighter Jet Get Made?

Time for a trip to the Lockheed Martin facility in Fort Worth to find out. You have to know someone to get in the door here. A fellow RVer's son works there and took us on a tour.


While the Boeing plant in Everett, WA is presently the world's largest building by volume, this place is pretty darn big! Almost 1 mile long!


Most of what we saw was the new fighter jet, the F-35. We saw the third one ever being built.



This jet has 3 different versions, but this one is the the most amazing to me.


Confused? Here's the explanation. It's beyond me.


Maybe I should move on to something I know more about. How about the Fort Worth Botanic Garden? This is a 109-acre collection of 2,500 native and exotic species of plants.


Check out the pollen! No wonder my nose is running and I'm sneezing.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, A botanic garden. I missed that, but we did go see them make money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more great tours. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!