Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting Wet with the Grandkids

My daughter Corrie, her husband Brian, and my adorable grandchildren, Mara and Jonathan, are on vacation near Aspen, CO. So of course I'm here too! One of the first things we did was go whitewater rafting in Glenwood Canyon. The first 2 miles of the trip was too rough for Jonathan, so Phil and I babysat.


It's a good thing these life jackets come with a handle!


Then we all got to go on the last 7 miles. Mara's in there somewhere - I think she was hiding on the floor of the boat.



There were some small rapids on that part of the ride too. If you listen carefully you can hear Jonathan saying "Big Bumpies." Mara is busy protecting her raisins.


One evening we went to a local rodeo in Carbondale. Not up to par with Cheyenne, but it was lots of fun.


Jonathan enjoyed being a cowboy.


They had some events at this rodeo that I had never seen before. One was called "Mutton Busters," where kids under 50 pounds would hang on to the backs of sheep.

7 comments:

  1. What fun! I especially love that first action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the photos of your kids and grandkids. Kudos to Phil for helping out! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Barbara, I have to admit I didn't take that one, or the one I'm in.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Colorado life!! Have lots more fun. Are you going to Maroon Bells??

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Sister lives in Basalt, and Im heading there in a couple of weeks...We did that white water ride a few years back, we did the Two fer..went down loaded up the boat they brought us up and did it again..Tons of fun!..While in Glenwood Springs hike up the mountain to see Doc Hollidays Grave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. White water rafting in Colorado - brings back memories. Glad Jonathon got to do part of it. It's hard being little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you must be having a lot of fun. When I grow up I want to be just like you. Great Photos

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!