Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm About Ready to Burst!

I have seriously eaten WAY too much over the last 2 days! First was Vicki's Thanksgiving day dinner that she puts on every year for her mostly-WIN friends in the Yuma foothills. She is really the Hostess-with-the-Mostest!


There were 32 guests, and, of course, way too much food.


Including 7 huge pies! We all took home leftovers.


Then today was Bill's 70th birthday. Linda managed to invite us all over and have a surprise party. There were supposed to be 70 cupcakes (but I counted 84...) -


And 70 suckers, along with 70 fortune cookies.


Bill really was surprised, and probably more surprised that Linda invited everyone to kiss her honey.


The men declined, but June and the other women lined up!


I'm in Yuma for at least a month, and actually staying in a kind-of RV park - a large lot in the Foothills made into a mini-RV park with 12 spaces. I plan to do lots of dancing to hopefully burn off some of the calories I've consumed over the past two days.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a Happy Thanksgiving and a fun 70th Birthday party!

    On to Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a feast you had there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--PIES everywhere---
    I know you are enjoying it all tho and you will dance/hike it all off-
    Bill is a lucky fellow to have such great friends to throw that kind of bash--
    AND what a sunset photo awesome, 12neighbors for a month is not so bad-!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time, I am feeling stuffed just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how everyone gets stuffed on turkey this time of year. Go idea to do lots of dancing to burn it all off. What kind of dancing are you going to do? The "Turkey Trot"? ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing Thanksgiving only comes once a year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us know if the dancing works. I too have met the pie and it is I.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMM I want to eat with yall next time LOL that is some good looking food. I loved the picture of the sunset, that is breathtaking :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that food looks delicious! Yum! Diana I'm bestowing upon you the Versatile Bloggers Award. I've linked with you on Levonne's Pretty Pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill looks thrilled! I hope you gave him an extra kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that was a lot of food and it sure looks good. Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to know that living in a traveling mode still allows for great gatherings of friends. And I was worried about what my "free" friends would do for holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!