Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More Fun Around Panguitch


Just north of town is the most unique rusty stuff I've ever seen! Don't miss the skeleton under the front wheel.


There must be a good story here...


We were here for a long time, so I'll try to cover some of our day trips. One day we drove over to Cedar Breaks National Monument. It looks a lot like Bryce, but at 10,000 feet elevation, there is still snow around.


A cute little Mountain Bluebird showed me around.


On another day, we went up to Tropic Lake. It was the bluest lake I've ever seen.


We saw a lot of Pronghorn Antelope, both here and around the area.


On yet another day, we took a free shuttle bus tour of the Southern end of Bryce.


We stopped at many of the overlooks, including one at Natural Bridge, which is not really a bridge (made by water) at all, but an arch.


Then we did some of the overlooks ourselves. This is the view from Bryce Point.


All of the overlooks are just gorgeous!

14 comments:

  1. We loved Bryce. Must go back and spend more time there, it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you and all your awesome travels! thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure you were still in Panguitch on Monday or not but we waved as we drove through. They were driving cattle down the side of the road so we had to wait awhile to get them across the road. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bluebird pic. Glad you are having so much fun. Can't wait til I get to do what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that picture of the bluebird! You should frame it and sell it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful! We were there a few years back and loved it. Can't wait to go back someday. The bluebird picture was especially cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rusty and old stuff. That's just too funny.

    Bryce and Cedar Breaks are so different than the canyon and equally magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Diana!

    I raced through Utah this trip, on my way to Colorado (there now). I'll catch up with the WINs somewhere around Denver.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! A wonderful Bluebird photo Diana!!!!!
    Bryce ws such a great surprise to me, I didnt realize there would be so much forest surrounding the hoodoos. Love the rusty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are incredible pictures! Thanks for sharing. The skeletons are kind of creepy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your photos. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Bryce! Did you move that skeleton around or were there two?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!