Sunday, July 16, 2017

Back to the USA!


After our wonderful trip to Copenhagen, the Norwegian Fjords, and Paris, it's time to go home. But one more picture from Paris -


And one more ice cream cone with a macaroon!


If you ever fly out of Paris, be sure to get to the airport about 4 hours in advance. This is the line after an hour or more of waiting...


But I got to fly across the ocean on an Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger airplane. It holds up to 853 people, but 525 in a normal 3-class configuration. It's double-deck the whole length of the airplane.


I flew back into Washington Dulles so I could spend a few days with my son and his family. My granddaughter liked my had and wanted to try it on.


For Father's Day, (gee, I'm far behind...) my daughter-in-law treated my son and I to a wine tasting festival.


My granddaughter is soooo cute, and just loves her grandma. Since I don't see her that often, I'm amazed by that!


After a few days, I flew back to Salt Lake City where I had left my rig, flying over the Rockies in Colorado on the way.

I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'll do it!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is nice to be home and I'll bet it was a great visit with you family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Thanks for taking us along. I'm always up for a free trip ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This view is absolutely sick! What an amazing adventure! Thanks for the article share, love checking out your blog. Always an interesting read!

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!! What an amazing trip you had!! I've been following along.
    That Airbus is huge but how exciting to have flown across the ocean on it.
    The view flying over the Rockies is pretty sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That De Gaulle airport is the worst I've even flown from. Been there twice and both times they lost my luggage. Hope your bags made it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!