Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Last Stops in New Mexico


Heading East for the WIN's Lewis and Clark circuit, I had a couple more stops in New Mexico. I stayed 2 nights at the Tucumcari Elks lodge -


Where we visited the Dinosaur Museum. A lot of the bones were bronze casts of the real bones, but still very interesting.


Wow! That's one big leg!


I even got to ride a dinosaur!


They had some really nice ammonites, that went extinct 65 million years ago with the dinosaurs.


All around town were beautiful murals.


This was my favorite, of course - it's got a cowboy in it!


We also stayed at Ute Lake State Park for one night.

I didn't get my money's worth out of my State Park pass, but it's good until the end of April of next year, so I can come back again. It's certainly a good deal if you will be spending any length of time in the state.

4 comments:

  1. Great pic of you on the dino! Hope it didn't buck too hard... :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to visit, great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure look cute riding that dinosaur. Love your posts Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your photo of the campground was a mural at first- beautiful sky and clouds

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!